Sign in to follow this  
ghost

Getting a Shimano Cumara B/C Rod, But....

Looking at the 6'8" models, which would be a good all around rod?

I'm leaning to the CUC-68M, fast action, medium power, 1/4-1/2 oz lure wt.  Would this be a good choice?

I read somewhere the Med. power Fast action fishes more like a Med. Heavy.   Nice rods. :)

I just ordered the 7'2" medium heavy casting.  Wont be able to fish it until May, us boys up north have to wait for the ice to melt. Let me know how you like it.  I wont be able to report my findings for quite a while, unless I take it out for some steelhead this spring.

The 72MHF, going from pitching a jig into a 20' patch of open water, isn't all that heavy.  I would go with the 68MHF just based on the lure weight ratings.

The 68MHF spinning is a bit stiffer than the casting.

Been using a 6'8" Med since last summer and have recently acquired a 6'8" MH. I love the lightness and length. I'm 5'7" and the rod length is a better choice for someone of my stature. I've coupled them with Shimano Chronarch 51Mg and Shimano Metanium Mg7 (Japanese market version of the Core) both in left handed models and they are light and can be fished for days on end without fatigue.