Sign in to follow this  
Ballpark Frank

Revo SX in salt?

I know there is a section about different types of fish and fishing, but this question is Reel specific. I do a little inshore/brackish/salt fishing throughout the year(my wife thinks I love the beach) and want to take my Revos this next time instead of the round Abu's. First off, I know that there is a Revo Inshore, but I have sworn to myself and my wife that I will buy no new tackle until July(my wife has a double 12gauge waiting on the bait monkey). Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of using the regular Revos(S,SX,STX) in a saltwater environment. I always clean my reels with freshwater and relube the rounds after they see salt, but the Revos are a little more difficult to get into. I know a couple of the Redfish Pros used Revos until the Inshore came out, but can find no additional information. Thanks.

basspaddler,

I'm not saying it's ok (because the reel/s aren't made for salt), but if you do, you need to take even better care of them than you did the round reels.

Just my .02¢

Good Luck & Tight Lines!!!!  

Thanks reelmech, I think saltwater has been one of the reasons I love the rounds. A few screws and everything can be flushed with freshwater then relubed. I really like my Revos, but maintaining takes a good bit more effort. I have the store credit from a problem Revo, so I am thinking about begging the wife :;) to go ahead and get an Inshore next payday. Heck I have quit smoking, that should count towards something.

so I am thinking about begging the wife Roll Eyes to go ahead and get an Inshore next payday. Heck I have quit smoking, that should count towards something.

I hear that. I quit a year ago this April, how much more should we give up to be able to afford the gear we want/need....

Good Luck & Tight Lines!!!!