Sign in to follow this  
kickbasskid

spinnerbait question

I just bought a swim-shad spinnerbait and I was wondering which of the three colors would be best for lagremouth bass. The three colors are see-through with a red curly tail, light green with a light green curly tail, and perch with an orange curly tail.

Clear water->see-through with a red curly tail

Stained water->perch with an orange curly tail

Stained water/murky-> light green with a light green curly tail (Chartreuse?)

Guest avid

Well I'm not one to debate Chris on bait issues, but I was surprised at one answer.

I would have thought the perch w/orange tail would be better suited to muddy conditions, and the chartruese for stained.

The way I look at it which end will the bass see the most of. Which end will draw the most attention from a distance? A sexy body or a flashy tail. ;D Seriously, the body part of the bait is going to have the most color profile than the dash of color by the tail. With the last two colors both can be interchangeable to a degree but without a picture I can only speculate what the perch color would be. If it is natural perch then it would be hard to see in muddy water and chartreuse would be easier to see. A true natural perch color would be best for clear, stained water with the orange giving it just a little flash of color to draw attention. Light green, light green tail would depend on what green they are describing. Watermelon for example would work for clear and stained water. Bright chartreuse is a green and reflects light real well and can be used in stained to muddy water.

If I were only going to have one color of spinnerbait,it would be white and chartuese.

What color are the blades?