Sign in to follow this  
Mike-in-WV

Browning matrix rods ?

Any of you know anything about these rods? I bought a used one today at a garage sale for $10.00. The guy said he used it all the time and took care of it but he doesn't remember what he paid for it. he threw in a couple of old Hulla Poppers too :P. It looks and feels great in my hand! It's a casting rod, 6' 6" MH / fast, line weight rating is #10-#20. Mike

Never heard of one. But I've got a couple of Browning Citori and Medallion GT rods and they are great.

Matrix... Is that the name of the rod? Must be an older model because it's not in Browning's current line up.

Never heard of one. But I've got a couple of Browning Citori and Medallion GT rods and they are great.

Matrix... Is that the name of the rod? Must be an older model because it's not in Browning's current line up.

Micro. It just says....Browning HP Matrix Model # BHP66MHT. It looks and feels well made but I don't know anything about them. Thanks for your info and help, Mike

Browning has a tendancy to name their rods after their guns (or gun grades) - Midas, Citori, Medallion, and apparently HP.   I've Googled for info and can't find any.  If you like it, then you got a good rod.   :P

Thanks guys. I did a little checking and I see that they sell many high end rods ( $100.00 and more) also and it looks like Bass master has them too.

Oh well, There was no way I could pass it up and as I said it really feels great. I will try it out today but later, It's 22 out this morning. Thanks again for your help and info, Mike