Sign in to follow this  
Micropterus salmoides

Daiwa Steez 100HA or 103HA?

I have a 103 and it is amazing, I think it would work just fine. The only difference I see is the 100 weighs .2 oz more and holds more line. IMHO either would be fine. They are very pricey though and although I really enjoy mine I have to say I like many of my lesser priced reels almost as well. I probably will not buy another just due to the price.

Well you are aware of the two different braking systems v and z. For lighter lures 1/4 oz - 3/8 and the 100 would be better for heavier lure like 3/8 and up. Just see what you will be throwing first. If i were you i would buy the 100 as it has a 90mm handle vs 80mm and then get the 103 ha spool so you can switch when ever you want? To remove the spool it take me 5 seconds and i am mechanically challenged, j/k I'm 14 though so it has to be pretty easy.

I have been tossing around the same in my head also. Besides what was mentioned above I think that is all the differences. Still hard to decide. Not even sure what I am going to use it for is what is making it harder. Just want one because there are so pretty.

I have been tossing around the same in my head also. Besides what was mentioned above I think that is all the differences. Still hard to decide. Not even sure what I am going to use it for is what is making it harder. Just want one because there are so pretty. Need another reel like a hole in the head. Fishing is my crack.