Sign in to follow this  
Dawson

Sufix Siege

I wanted to make a comment real quick about my experience this last week with Sufix Siege. My line of choice for my baitcasters is Sufix Elite. I also like P-Line but the P-Line has a little more memory than I like. Anyways, I had yet to try the Siege (I guess because I was completely satisfied with the Elite). I fished every day last week with the Siege and, WOW I am impressed! I am picky about my line and this stuff is really impressing me. I landed a 6 lb largemouth with a scum frog, and he blew up on it right smack in the middle of a bunch of logs, sticks, and lilly pads. I had to fight him all the way through  the thick stuff, slicing lilly pad stems all the way, around logs then under the boat. I know it was hard on the line but it held up great. Caught maybe 15-20 other small bass throughout the week, line performed great. I think the color is smoke green (something like that). So, if you havent tried it I suggest it. I am spooled with 14# test. I never thought I would say this, but it just may be as strong as  P-Line CXX!! We will see. :)

I agree completely but I like the Elite a little better than the Siege.  Both are top notch lines in my opinion though.

J

Both are great lines.  I have been using yo-zuri hybrid lately, but sufix is my mono of choice.  Their braid is also top notch.

I had somewaht of a different experience with Siege, but I will add right up front that I tried it on a spinning reel.  It was 8# test on a Symetre 2500 and three different pretty good fishermen couldn't get the line to behave.  It was constantly wanting to jump off the spool.  We finally gave up on it and went back to Trilene XT.  Based on the recommendation of RW and some others here, we are now experimenting with YoZuri Ultra Soft.

I had somewaht of a different experience with Siege, but I will add right up front that I tried it on a spinning reel. It was 8# test on a Symetre 2500 and three different pretty good fishermen couldn't get the line to behave. It was constantly wanting to jump off the spool. We finally gave up on it and went back to Trilene XT. Based on the recommendation of RW and some others here, we are now experimenting with YoZuri Ultra Soft.

I'd recommend you try the Suffix Elite.  Far less memory than the Siege.

J

I have been using SUFFIX Elite on my baitcasters for over 3 years now. They say when you find something that works, stick with it. And I did.

I put Fireline Crystal on my spinning equipment because it increases my casting distance (a lot!) and it lasts a very long time on my reel. I change out line maybe twice a year. Fluoracarbon is Berkley Vanish and braided line is Stren super braid.