Sign in to follow this  
weknowhowtolive

Pflueger Trion LP?

This may sound stupid but reading all these posts about more expensive reels has me a little curious about MY reel.  I got this about a year ago and have always thought it was good, but now I'm wondering if maybe it isnt. Has anyone used it? How does it compare to reels a little more expensive?

I have a Trion, and love it. It casts nicely, and feels great in my hand. Personally, more expensive reels are better I guess, but I can only really justify a reel under 200$. I would recommend it, and would continue using it, as well. I can't get into a more expensive battle about reels, because I have never fished on over the $200.00 range. Good luck, and great fishing...I have 4 Quantums and one Pfleuger...none have give me any problems...just results.

Take Care-

Jamie

the trion is a great reel and compares to reels costing twice as much.

Another Trion LP owner. Definitely great bang for the buck.

My only minor beef is that it starts to waffle when you try to toss less than 1/4 oz.

Other than that, super solid, quite comaprable to the Greenie oldie Curado BSF in just about every way except at lighter weights.

Here's another thing to raise your spirits:

0431637-R1-034-15ASmall.jpg

I caught this brute chum salmon after a hellish 12 minute fight.  The picture does not do justice to the actual size of the fish, but my Trion handled this bad boy without even breaking a sweat. I was as it was the first river salmon I ever caught and I didn't want to lose it.  So if the Trion can handle such brutish fish, heck, they'll handle any bass fishing scenario you can dream up. :)