Sign in to follow this  
RobbyZ5001

What in the world...

For fishing very deep waters. Nice toys cost money. I have seen some of those electric reels pushing the 3K mark.  Can't imagine how heavy those things are.  Crazy!! :)

They are not casting reels they are for vertical jigging in deep water. they do all the jigging for you keeping the rig at the same level all the time.

Any you guys got NHK channel ?

It 's a Japanese channel, can 't understand squat 'bout what they are saying ( it 's all in japanese ) but it does have really good programs, they have fishing programs every now and then and when I can I watch them, in one of those programs I saw a couple of guys fishing with those electric reels in the sea, all they did was place bait on the rig, program the reel, the reel lowers the rig to the programed depth and begings to jig up and down, meanwhile the guys sit down, relax, have a beer, take a smoke and such, when something bites the bait the reel sets the hook and beeps, the guys run pick up the rod and begin reeling in until they boat the catch, place bait on the rig again and ready for another catch.

The catch usually ends up as sushi after the trip. :)

That is crazy. The reel actually sets the hook... I could have used that last weekend!