Sign in to follow this  
neBassin

New Rod

I cant decide between the Carrot Stick, St. Croix Avid or the Shimano Crucial for my new baitcaster. Its going to be for mostly plastics and flippin jigs. Are they all pretty equal and more of a personal preferance deal or is there one that stands out? Thanks

I have never fished with a St Croix or a Carrot Stix but i do own a 7' MH/F Crucial and i love it. It has good sensitivity and its a strong rod. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the three.

I cant decide between the Carrot Stick, St. Croix Avid or the Shimano Crucial for my new baitcaster. Its going to be for mostly plastics and flippin jigs. Are they all pretty equal and more of a personal preferance deal or is there one that stands out? Thanks

I've owned all three and I would go with the Avid.  The new Avids with IPC are pretty dam sweet.  Don't get me wrong, the middle rod market is the toughest segment, and very hard to argue one way or another.  I say the Avid based on it being more sensitive and having better guides than the Carrot.  The Crucial is right there with the Avid, I just like the quality and refinement of the Avid better.