Sign in to follow this  
bigmountaineer

Quantum Tour Edition Help

This is my first higher class of a baitcaster and I"m coming up from a Revo S and my question is, I'm used to the knob on the right side of spool that controls backlashing and such. The tighter the knob the shortest the casting distance and vice versa, so

Now there is a new knob on the side with the Infinite Casting System, with another knob control on the left side.

What's the difference and how do u control it? Should I just turn it off and use the knob on the right side. Thanks  for any help !!!  : :P

The dial on the left is for retarding the spool at the end of a cast. Set your spool as you normally would and then set the one on the left at 5. Short cast a few times and see where you are and adjust accordingly. If you turn it all the way to 0, at the end of the cast the spool is gonna keep going and your gonna have major backlash. If you start at 5 you'll be able to manage until you find your grove.

Not the most technical answer, but it should work until someone else adds to it.

BTW, I have both and I think once you have used the reel, you'll find that your'e gonna love 'em both.

You know how you removed the left sideplate and pushed or pulled the individual brakes on and off with the Revo S. Well on the Tour Edition, that is done with the dial on the left, each click will be one brake added.