Sign in to follow this  
Ern

Garcia Silver Max baitcast??

Looking at getting a new baitcast this month.  I want something to throw while wading for smallmouth.  Lures will be in the neighborhood of 3/16 and up.  Looking light.

I am waiting on the new Curados to put big bucks in this reel.  Just something to get a feel for fishing a baitcaster for river smallmouths.  

Anyone using this reel??

Thanks,

Ern

I have the silvermax and it works pretty well.  I bought it to learn to throw baitcasters and it served it's purpose.  For a less expensive reel I find it to be pretty solid.  I have an extra one around here somewhere.  Shoot me a PM if you want to work out a trade or something.  Good luck

One of my buddies has one. I used it one day this Spring and it's not a bad reel. It isn't a Revo, but for the money it's a pretty good deal.

Falcon

I have one. It's the least favorite of my baitcasters. The plastic body just makes it feel cheap IMHO. Runs smooth and everything, just hard to confide in it.

I bought one of these and I'm actually pretty disappionted with it. I'm going to take it apart this weekend and try to get it working better again. I would buy a BPS Extreme bc reel.