Sign in to follow this  
bronzeback01

diawa tierra spinning reel ?

has anybody tried this reel ? It seems pretty high quality for the price ($115.00) higher quality than the shimano sustain for $250.00 what do you think?

I like mine.It's a real smooth reel.

Can't compare it to the shimano sustain as i don't have one,but the tierra has definely beat every low end reel i have ever fished with.

If you look hard enough that reel can be had at discount price.Sportsman warehouse was selling them under $100.

has anybody tried this reel ? It seems pretty high quality for the price ($115.00) higher quality than the shimano sustain for $250.00 what do you think?

Are you serious???????????????????

I've owned one and it is indeed a very good reel.  The newly released Daiwas are some of the smoothest spinning reels I've used.  I actually like my TD Advantage spinning reel the best.  The only real advantage it has over the Tierra is a sealed drag.  As far as comparing it to the sustain; I'll give you that they are probably equally smooth, but they both have their pluses.  The Tierra is arguably the best value in a spinning reel out there.  It is the entry level 'TD' reel, yet has all the features of the higher end Team Daiwa reels like the airbail, hardbodyz frame, CRBB's, etc.  I will say I don't think the Sustain is $130 better, but the Sustain is legendary, and you pay for the reputation as well.  

I am very serious , I have a sustain and it's a very nice reel but i don't think it's worth 250.00.

when i bought it i got it for $99.00 because it was last years model and the new ones were comming in. WELL WORTH 99.00 BUT 250.00 I DON'T THINK SO.

i bought my new tierra last night  and mounted it on my new legend tournament UNBELIVEABLE ! I have allways been into the shimano reels bit i think the're too expensive for what you get so i got rid of all of them except my sustain and i bought all pfleuger supremes extremely nice reel for the money. This tierra is also very nice for the money it's smooth and solid and works great w/ my new rod i highly recomend it the best 115 bucks i've ever spent.