Sign in to follow this  
Bass XL

Gamma = Good

I recently spooled up a few reels with some Gamma (co-poly). I'd have to say, I'm really impressed with it. It is very sensitive and abrasion resistant. I have to say that I like it better then Yo-Zuri. Looks like I need to spool all of my reels now.

Yeah, I started using it this year too and I really like it. So far I have it on all of my spinning reels.

better than the ultrasoft? i was planning to try that next...

I think so, I had ultrasoft on a couple reels and took it off after using gamma for a while.

I have been trying quite a few different lines, the most recent being Gamma co-polymer. I am looking for a line that works equally well using any of my lures. So far I am impressed with the Gamma on my spinning reel. I am using 8# test in lo-vis green. I caught a bunch of lmb today from a local golf course pond using everything from poppers to cranks to soft plastics. I was satisfied with the Gamma's performance no matter the lure I was using.

Last night I tried Sufix Elite and while it handled even better than the Gamma I had trouble getting used to the stretch of the mono.

I think the co-polymers may be the right line for me.

I have Yo-Zuri Hybrid Ultra Soft on my baitcaster and that is also some nice line.