Sign in to follow this  
bassheel

powell or crucial crankbait rod

I need a crankbait rod. I see that Powell dropped their prices . I need a mod/med rod. I never seen/held a powell before in person. All other rods I own are crucials(love the warranty).The 6'8" powell would fit me perfect since I fish from the bank. *** would ship for free for $139, and buying a crucial in store would be the same price with tax in N.C. Powell warranty????I will fish mainly < 10 feet of water.

To me it 's pretty simple the choice, Crucial, why ? being in Mexico there ain 't no Powell rods down here, no retailer has them, but Shimano rods are easy to find even though the price is obscene ( 40 dollars plus from what you are used to see as retail, add to that 15% sales tax  :o and at $ 195.5  ........ I 'd better get a GLoomis for that money  ;), funny, GLoomis rods here cost almost the same as in the US ).

One thing that has kept me from buying a Powell which i really want to do is the warranty thing. I don't have a Powell retailer around here so if something happens what would i do? I live 20 minutes from a Basspro and a Cabelas so if i get a Crucial and something happens im safe, just something to keep in mind.