Sign in to follow this  
Thefishy1

Core/Metanium and Carrot/Cumara

Im trying to get a new texas rig rod/reel and cant decide which to get. Ive been looking at the Core or Metanium MG to be matched with either a Carrot Stix or a Cumara, and since I have never used either I am looking for some help deciding.

What I am really looking for would be sensitivity and lightness with the rod and smoothness with the reels

I think you are planning it backwards...  meaning I think you should spend that reel budget on a rod and the rest on a reel.  The rod is by far the most important part of a T-rig set up.... and a T-rig rod should be the most sensitive of all your rods.

You easily have the budget for something like a GLX and a very nice reel, which would be a world class set up in anyone's eyes.

Have fun shopping!

i like the cumaras as much s ANY rod out there! so there's my vote, my favorite t-rig set up is my 6'8 cumara with a fuego riding on it

I have a core on a 7'3 MH carrot stix, that I use for worms and jigs.  It is an awesome combo.  

Well I have pretty much settled on the cumara but now cannot decide between the 6'8" M or the 6'8" MH. I will mostly be using it for 1/4-3/8oz worms in 5-15 ft of water and want a soft tip with a good solid backbone.