Sign in to follow this  
catchnm

Daiwa Advantage Reels

What about the Advantage 153H7 and the 150H, Been thinking about picking one or the other up. Any good, worth my time?

ive got 4 of the 153hsta's and i love em! to me they are better than the revo's for the $ and lighter and smoother than the curados i have, smooth as silk and stout to boot!

I have a 153H7 and love it.  I also a have a Black Widow II (special edition Advantage variant, specs in between the 153H and 153HST), and really love that one.  If I were buying a new Advantage, I'd go for the new generation HSTA's.  You can find them on eBay for <$130 shipped.

Those reels are all discontinued and you should be able to get them at a substantial discount. I have 150h, 153hst and 153h7; I got the all at around 50% off at real stores, not Ebay.

I have a couple of the 150H and one 153H7. They are both great reels and very smooth. If you want to get one at ebay price they are a steal however I also recommend upgrading to the HSTA.

I like these reels.  I have a 153HST and a Cabela's Prodigy (which is a tuned 150H) and they fit my hand really nice.  The Prodigy is actually slightly better on the cast than the 153HST (which has more bearings) but they feel the same otherwise.  They are very tight reels and feel solid all the way through.  The Tierra is also a TD-A framed reel (but get the Prodigy for the $20 savings and bling swept handle)

I do not own, but have checked out, the new HSTA's and those are really nice.  I think they are the bargain of the year.  Daiwa continues to impress me.

Thanks guys.