Sign in to follow this  
ArcticCat500

MossyBack Help Please, Loomis Guys.

I made a post couple days ago bout some MossyBacks I found online, Thanks to all whom reponded. Im planning on BCR802 & BCR803, going to run one for topwater and the other for Senkos. Will they handle it? What do the Loomis guys think?  Sorry to sound like a broken record but $360+ bux is alot for me to drop on 2 rods. I just want to be pleased.

Thank You Very Much.

AC500

Sorry... I don't have any experience with G Loomis rods either, but I'm thinking about getting one of those Mossybacks too and wanted to tag on another question to your post here that might help us both decide.  I'm guessing by the regular price that these rods fall somewhere between an IMX and a GLX in perfromance, but I'm not sure.  Anyone have much experience with these rods and able to compare them with some other G Loomis models and other brands as far as sensitivity and power?  (I'm considering the BCR853 for a worm rod) Thanks.

No, they fall between GL3 and IMX according to Loomis. That's the reason so many of us still suggest IMX over them. Now, if you needed an X-fast for something specific, I might go this route but for most tecniques and rods, a fast in IMX is plenty fast. (comparable to some brands X-fast)

But the price I saw the other day was great...

I had a BCR803 Mossyback. It was a great rod, but as mentioned before, for a little extra money the IMX is much better. Now with that said, if you are getting a good deal, go for it. The only issue I had was personal. I use 3 MBR783Cs(MH fast) and the occasional adjustment to the xtra-fast Mossy, threw me off for awhile. The rod is a little stiffer and loads different, but that is great for weightless plastics including the Senko.

I spoke with a rep today at Loomis, he informed me the MB's will work well for the goals in mind. Thery do have the IMX's, I just ran the numbers and it's an additional $60 bux, Im already over my limit.lol

Jus a weekend warrior.