Sign in to follow this  
Noboat

Bass Pro Brand Fluorocardon TOO MUCH MEMORY!!

I spooled on some 12-lbs Bass Pro brand fluorocarbon on a reel of mine approximately one month ago.  There is SOOOOOOOO much line memory now that it looks like the curly chord of a set of headphones.  I have never seen this much memory in any line that I have ever used.  I put some KVD line conidtioner on it the day it was spooled and again last night.  It is a mess!!!!!  Is this line always like this?  I did notice inthe Bass Pro catalog that "Low Line Memory" is no where to be seen in the product description....

Maybe you ruined it with the line conditioner. I use the XPS fluorocarbon in 6#, 8#, 10#, 14#, 17#, and 20# and have experienced no more memory problems that I have had with nylon monos of the same diameters. It is stiffer than nylon monos but as far as spool memory-no difference and maybe even less.

I don't use any line conditioners with any fluorocarbon.

Right now I've got Trilene 100%, XPS fluoro, Pline CXX, Stren Extra Strength, and Shakespeare Supreme in stock.  There isn't any of these lines that I can spool up and leave them alone for a month and not expect them to have memory when they come off the reel.  Just tie the end of your line to your bumper or a fence post and walk off 75yds or so and give it some good pulls.  This will eradicate the memory.  It will also just disappear on it's own after fishing for 10-15min, with your bait putting tension on the line.  

Right now I've got Trilene 100%, XPS fluoro, Pline CXX, Stren Extra Strength, and Shakespeare Supreme in stock. There isn't any of these lines that I can spool up and leave them alone for a month and not expect them to have memory when they come off the reel. Just tie the end of your line to your bumper or a fence post and walk off 75yds or so and give it some good pulls. This will eradicate the memory. It will also just disappear on it's own after fishing for 10-15min, with your bait putting tension on the line.

or, fish 4 times a week

:)

Unfortunately, just about any non braided line left of a spool of a reel is probably going to acquire memory. You haven't see anything on memory until you've used Pline's CXX. If you looked up Fishing Line Memory in the dictionary, you might see a picture of a spool of CXX. Solid line, but memory up the ying yang. Not that it affects the line, but it is rather unsightly.