Sign in to follow this  
CFFF 1.5

All Star Pro Series

Has anybody used an All Star Pro Series 6'6" spinning rod. I am looking for a new rod and found this at ffo-tackle.com for $38.88. Is this a good deal. Here is the link. http://ffo-tackle.com/ProductDirectory.cfm?PassProdCat2=Spinning&PassProdCat1=Rods&SearchLevel=3&ProdBrand=

I have no personal experience with these, but my buddy has broke 3 of the new All Star Pro Spinning rods.  One right after the other.  He quit getting em replaced and bought a B&R Outlaw rod for 129.00 on my recommendation.  He loves that rod.  Will not even let me try it!!!1 :'(

I have heard wonderful things about the All Star line of rods and this is the first time I have read anything negative.

What were the details of the rods breaking?

I have broken only one rod in the history of the world and it was my fault.  I had thrown a crankbait into a tree, got angry, ripped the rod back and it popped.

Otherwise, I have never broken a rod and am curious what happened.

Thanks.  :)

The first one, he set the hook on a big fish, Fish came straight up and jumped with a tight line.  Top 4 in. of the rod snapped.

Second one, had some defect in it.  Second cast with a 3/8 oz. jig w/trailer.  The rod snapped at the 3rd eye down from the tip.

3rd. one he was fishing a shakey head.  Got a hit, set the hook, missed the fish, and I heard it crack, and the rod was in two pieces.      

This guy takes excellent care of his equipment, and I am not sure what was going on with the last one, but he is thru with All Star spinning rods.

Fishbear,

I agree. With results like that I would be finished with All Star rods, too.

According to an old Exxon Oil Company study, it can take the average American up to nine (9) years to go back to a product or service that has failed them.

I would think the same would hold true for all of us on this forum, even longer in some cases if not forever, if we had the same experience.

Thanks for sharing.   :)