Sign in to follow this  
ptomacbass

hyperspeed zillion

does anyone know when the 7.3:1 limited edition hyper speed zillion is coming out.  my parents are going to get me one for christmas so i need to know when it is released so i can teel them.

does anyone know when the 7.3:1 limited edition hyper speed zillion is coming out. my parents are going to get me one for christmas so i need to know when it is released so i can teel them.

Supposed to be for sale before summer end great choice of reel.

thanks, i'm thinking of pairing it with a zillion flippin stick. i wonder when they come out :-?

don't get lost in the matching combo thing and just asking why do you want that and not the regular one there's little difference and .6" of more line per crank 4 bearings in the handle and more crbb, ionly see buying it because of it being limited other than that why spend extra 50 buck ofr a heavier reel just my thoughts :-/

The Hyperspeed Zillion sure does look sweet.  I can't argue against pairing it with a Zillion flippin' stick either...the rods look nice as well.  Tackle Warehouse said the Zillion rods should be there August 6th, give or take a couple of days of course.  

thanks, i'm thinking of pairing it with a zillion flippin stick. i wonder when they come out :-?

don't get lost in the matching combo thing and just asking why do you want that and not the regular one there's little difference and .6" of more line per crank 4 bearings in the handle and more crbb, ionly see buying it because of it being limited other than that why spend extra 50 buck ofr a heavier reel just my thoughts :-/

Addressing that; I will say the Hyperspeed Zillion is priced right.  A $50 markup seems about right for 4 bearings in the handle, the fastest gearbox to date, and hot red paint (red paint shouldn't cost more, but hey...it does look hot!)  I bet the Hyperspeed could have sold for $350 based solely on the Limited Edition status.  It's going to be a very sought after reel if Daiwa indeed only produces them in limited numbers.  I want a couple for plastics; ever little bit of line I can pick up after I detect a bite equates into more sold hooksets.