Sign in to follow this  
K_Dub

The Shimano Compre

This one:CPS66MHB

I have the two piece version as my trunk rod. I can imagine that its one piece counterpart would feel even better. This is a great rod for its price as I was lucky enough to find it for $55.

I use a 7' M/XF Compre paired with a Shimano Symetre 2500FI for my senkos and weightless T-rigs, wouldnt trade it for the world.

I can't give a good answer because I've only used the fast action. I know it (mine) works well for senkos and Jake P says the XF is also great.

Arrghh! The final decision you have to make. ;D

I would get the xfast Compre.  I have a 6'6" Med-Fast Compre as a backup rod.  It works well as an all around, but xfast works better with senkos.  I've got a St. Croix 6'8" Med-Extra Fast as my main senko rod and love it.

I have the 7' M XF and really don't like this action at all.  If I were to buy another compre it would be the 6'6" MH Fast.  It just feels way better and the x-fast just doesn't suite my style of fishing at all. Just my $.02

I have the 7' M XF and really don't like this action at all. If I were to buy another compre it would be the 6'6" MH Fast. It just feels way better and the x-fast just doesn't suite my style of fishing at all. Just my $.02

What is it that you don't like about the M x-fast? Just interested. I've thought about picking up another Compre in x-fast, but your comment got me curious :(