Sign in to follow this  
Bass Bro

Which type of line to use

First i have a abu garcia ambassoder black max baitcaster which says it can have up to 12 pound test line on it,which kind of line would work best on it?brand weight etc.And also i have two zebco 33 reels,which line weight and brand would work best on these?Thanks alot for your help! :)

The line rating on your Black Max reel is just a guide that tells you how much of that test line it can hold.  Generally, if you put a higher test line (which is thicker) it will hold less.  If you put a lower test line (which is thinner) it will hold more.   You can pretty much put what you want on it.  

What are you going to use that Black Max for?  If it is going to be a multi-purpose reel, my recommendation is Yo-Zuri Hybrid.  Roadwarrior turned me on to this stuff and it's the best advice I've ever gotten from him.  Yo-Yuri is a co-polymer line - part monofilament, part fluorocarbon.  It is low stretch, high strength, and long lived due to being UV resistant.  IMO it is the best "compromise" all purpose line out there.  I use if for just about everything, from crank baits to jigging.  It's not all that more expensive than mono, and a lot less expensive than fluorocarbon.  You can get it at Bass Pro Shops, and I've seen it at other stores as well.  

For the Zebco 33s I'd stick with mono only.  6 or 8 lb test mono, such as Stren Original or Trilene XL is the ticket there.  

If you want to use Fluoro try either the BPS or the Cabela's it comparable to most other brands of Fluoro and cheaper.

If you want to use Fluoro try either the BPS or the Cabela's it comparable to most other brands of Fluoro and cheaper.

All of the guys at BPS are telling me there XPS flurocarbon is very sensitive for memory.Also its actually more expensive than Berkley Trilene Vanish which is what i use and very happy with its results...

think i'm just going to use stren original on my 33's and my black max baitcaster :)

There you go.