Sign in to follow this  
KevO

Crucial drop shot rods

I currently own a 6'6 M/F St. croix premiere spinning rod I use for all my small soft plastics (senkos, shakey head, grubs, tubes etc...) but it just isn't sensitive enough for me.  I have been looking at the crucial drop shot rod as a potential replacement.  I just can't decide whether I should get the 7'2 med or med hvy.  *** recommends the med hvy for fishing deep water, which is something I do not do a lot of but I do sometimes.  Any help would be appreciated or if you think I should go with the regular crucial spinning rod.

Regular Crucials in those lengths have Fast actions, there is no DS Medium power in 7 '2", it 's Medium Light power with a Fast action, the MedHvy is an ExtraFast action rod.

Many would find a ML rod too "light" for most applications.

Regular Crucials in those lengths have Fast actions, there is no DS Medium power in 7 '2", it 's Medium Light power with a Fast action, the MedHvy is an ExtraFast action rod.

Many would find a ML rod too "light" for most applications.

Crucial Dropshot Spinning

:-?

There's a 7'2 M-XF listed there.  CRSDX72M

Yup, I 'm looking at it now, my mistake.

I have an old spidercast rod that is a med light which I tried for these apps and did not like it at all.  I am leaning towards the 7'2 med hvy.  Also has anyone used the crucial flippin stick?

So a 7' medium action rod would be really good for using drop shot?

Thanks,

I have the 6'8" MH DS rod and the 7'6" flipping stick.  They are both great rods but  I will not throw a shakey head on my DS rod.  They are classed as a MH but it has a very light tip to aid in the drop shot technique.  I would personally go with the regular series of the crucial spinning ( I have the 6'6" MH spinning that I use for shakey heads).  The flipping stick is pretty sick.  I have two of them and would recommend them to anyone.  

I own the the 7'2" M Crucial DS Rod.  I use it for all light line applications.  Small jigs, small jerk baits, small wacky rig, Drop shotting, and I also use it for trout.  I'm not a big fan of using it in deep water, I've had hookup problems.  For the price and warranty, it's a sick rod.... you'll be happy

I own the the 7'2" M Crucial DS Rod. I use it for all light line applications. Small jigs, small jerk baits, small wacky rig, Drop shotting, and I also use it for trout. I'm not a big fan of using it in deep water, I've had hookup problems. For the price and warranty, it's a sick rod.... you'll be happy

x2 minus the deep water stuff.  in orlando we dont have much deep water and no bass live there.

Ok so other than shakey head fishing this rod can do more than just drop shot.  Thats good to know.  What about the sensitivity?