Sign in to follow this  
Big Tom

The new e21 Carrot Gold Stix

http://www.***.com/descpageE21CAST-E21GCC.html

I am not sure if this has been covered here or not.  I have seen them mentioned briefly but that is about it.  These rods have got me really excited about the carrot stix lineup.  I have always found a reason not to like them before but I fell in love with this rod the second I saw it.  I just wanted to share with those who haven't seen this rod before.  Any idea when they come out?  I cannot find them in stock anywhere.

Sweet looking stick... just not sold on them yet, I guess, plus, at 199.00 I would rather save a few bucks and get a Powell or something similar.

Thats a good point.  The price is pretty up there.  It would be nice to use someone else's before purchasing.  I just think they look so friggin awesome.  I keep thinking about that rod with a Revo Premier on top of it.  Would be pretty nice.

yeah I wouldn't want some of the most unique set of rod actions out there either ::o

I word about the new carrot stix

SICK

8ft extra extra heavy "devil where do I sign" :)

Thats a good point. The price is pretty up there. It would be nice to use someone else's before purchasing. I just think they look so friggin awesome. I keep thinking about that rod with a Revo Premier on top of it. Would be pretty nice.

I've not had the opportunity to fish the "Gold", but I have been using the LTX parabolic and MH-F, pairing them with a Daiwa Steez and Shimano Chronarch Mg. To say I'm pleased with these combos would be an understatement.

With respect to price, I'd also consider the value of the warranty, especially if you are able to locate a dealer close to you. Shipping a rod for replacement is not that cheap. Being a clutz I speak from experience. E21's "over the counter" lifetime warranty may add value to your purchase, as it did mine.

I like the look of them; the $200 price point is getting really competitive with the Carrot Gold, Daiwa Zillion, and Cumara.  I think the handles on the carrot gold casting rods are a little short.  The spinning looks fine.  I'd be willing to give one a try...I love trying out new sticks.  

Yea, I am seriously considering getting one myself.  Christmas isn't that far off and I usually get something fishing oriented anyway.  The over-the-counter lifetime warranty is a big plus because I am a bit of a klutz as well.  I really like that you can add a touch of weight in the handle to achieve the balance YOU desire.  Bass Pro rods offer this but you have to add more bulk to an already heavy rod and it also dramatically changes the look of your stick.  Now all I got to do is figure out what size I want...  

I have heard good things about the regular carrot sticks, but these look even better. I gotta say when tackle warehouse put that picture up on their homepage it definitely got my attention, what a sexy rod!

These are their new in-between rod made to compete directly with the Cumara at the same price range but less expensive.   It is pretty much the Classic Gold series rod, all the same components, with a cork handle and lower price tag. Oh yeah they are a purdy gold color, but not as purdy as the orange.  

The standard  Carrot Stix LTX was a better rod than the Cumara and this one will destroy the Cumara.