Sign in to follow this  
njbasser

Cumara vs Zillion

So what do you guys think is better, the Cumaras or the Zillions. Any other $200 rods that compete???

How long have the Zillions been out ?

Even though I have only had the Zillion for a short time; I'll take it just on the build quality and 'extras'.  I don't think there is any argument about the Cumara's sensitivity and fishability, so you have to look at other tangibles.  The Zillion has added features that go above and beyond; multi-color wraps, aluminum winding checks, etc.  The Zillion really does have a ton of wrapping.  Five different wrap sections just in-between the foregrip and first guide (and all are very well done).

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

When you see and hold a Zillion in a retailer...you will see what I mean.  The is no differentiation in looks, build quality, and overall feel versus the Steez (obviously the blank is different).  I honestly think that is what got me excited about this rod.    It's one hot rod for a buck ninety-nine.  

I'll add that Daiwa's proprietary air-foam grips are superior to the Cumara's black foam, IMHO of course.  Also...I realize I'm splitting hairs, but both rods are very light weight and balance well...not to mention are very sensitive to boot.  The Zillion just sports all the features of a JDM stick, without the price.  I've already had 3 people ask me about them at the ramp.  

Is there a rod guide for comparing Cumara and Zillion rods?  I am wanting to get some Zillion's, but can't find a comparison chart.

I have a Cumara and really like it.  I don't own a Zillion yet, but have yet to hear anyone say anything bad about them.  In fact, I've heard numerous people who claim to have both and rave about how much better the Zillion is.  I'm very interested in trying the Zillions.

we just received them friday, i fished one today ,they are alot the same . one thing i can tell you is the warranty on the shimano is going to hard to beat. over the counter is nice.

tight lines

blue cat ,san diego

This is my opinion only so take it with a grain of salt but I handled a zillion at the FLW Championship (without a reel of course) and thought it looked awesome but was tip heavy.  Now this could have a lot to do with it not having a reel on it but it still felt completely different than a Steez in the weight distribution area.  But like I said this is just my opinion because I'm sure it is and excellent rod just like every other Daiwa I have handled.

I don't feel the Zillions are tip heavy (my pet peeve with split grips), but the Cumara is going to be a little lighter, granted Daiwa underrated the power of each model.