Sign in to follow this  
Avalonjohn44

TD Viento vs TD Mega Force

I like both of these reels a lot, and want to buy one, but other than a few differences, cannot figure out why one is $60 (Megaforce) and the other is $200 (Viento). The Megaforce has a faster ratio, only has 2 less ballbearings, and holds more line. I can buy the Megaforce today, but have to save for the Viento... Is there that much difference? Should I get the megaforce and then use the extra cash for more lures that I won't use? Any advice you all have is appreciated!

Megaforce:  http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0049032122341a.shtml

Viento:  http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0036070120548a.shtml

I think the general consensus is that the Megaforce is crap...I know mine was.

Do a search for "Megaforce" in the "Fishing Rods, Reels, Line, Leaders, and Knots" forum and youll find all of the answers you need.

Megaforce=graphite frame

Viento= Aluminum frame

Graphite frame BC reels= garbage

There is your price difference

Megaforce=graphite frame

Viento= Aluminum frame

Graphite frame BC reels= garbage

There is your price difference

I agree, get the Viento.  Not bad reels for the money, just a tad on the heavy side.

Awesome advice, thanks.  I have problems with the search feature on this board, it almost never finds anything for me, I have stopped trying.  Sorry!

I just like you to know I have 2 Megaforce reels, my son has one, and another guy I fish with has one, we all love them, I got a 19.5lb striper in on 12 lb line with no problems, that fish fought for 25 minuets.

Good Luck

Joe

I just like you to know I have 2 Megaforce reels, my son has one, and another guy I fish with has one, we all love them, I got a 19.5lb striper in on 12 lb line with no problems, that fish fought for 25 minuets.

Good Luck

Joe

How many years have you used these particular reels ?

Good Luck

Joe

How many years have you used these particular reels ?

No years yet, I hope to get some years out of them, I picked my first one up I think Dec. 2007. I know I been using the two I have this year with no problems. One I use just for jigging and the other just Jerkbaits. I have some top dollar reels also, 2 Quantum Tours, Shimano Scorpion, 2 Citica's, 1 Curado, a couple more Academy Sports Quantum Burner's, and a few more. When on the boat, which is 99% of the time I fish with 5 to 8 rods, most of my set ups are for specific types of fishing. My son I said has one, it turns out he has 2 also and he like me also uses a lot of different set ups, but it seems he always has the Megaforce in his hand. I like them my son likes them, just have to keep my fingers crossed and hope they hold up.