Sign in to follow this  
ArcticCat500

spinning rod choice

sorry, Ive been beating you guys down over a new spinning rod choice for weeks now and I jus cant pull the trigger...Im looking at Loomis SJR722 in a GL3 blank and Kistler's MgAPM66S, with thier sale running Im lookn that way too..both my rod choices are around the same money, Any Thoughts?

I owned two of the Kistler Mgs eariler this year and sold them both.  I didn't care for the hump grip on my spinning rod and the reel seat would not hold my reel securely on my casting rod.  I also went through a less than fulfilling warranty issue with a Kistler crankbait rod, so I won't be buying or recommending Kistler rods anymore.  I have a couple Loomis rods (both casting) and have been very impressed with both of them thus far, though I've heard from others on this forum to steer clear of the lower models in favor of the IMX.  You might be able to find a deal on an IMX SJR722 on eBay for not much more than you'd pay for the GL3.  My go-to spinning rods right now are my Shimano Crucials.  I'd highly recommend them and you'd save quite a bit over the two rods you mentioned.

thnx....I do recall reading negative things regarding the Kistler rods but cant seem to about the Loomy's.   I have 3 Loomis rods and although not thier flagship GLX of IMX for that matter I like them.

What Im not sure of is where the MossyBack series falls in quality compared to the others....Thanks man.

have you looked into the st. croix avids? warranty is almost as good as loomis'.

avs66mlf

avs69mlxf