Sign in to follow this  
microsat

looking for suggestions for a good and cheap worm baitcast rod

Hi there,

I normally use worm and 1/8 oz jig to fish at a lake blank. The longer distance it casts, the more fish caught.

I am looking for a casting rod which can load 1/8 lure and cast further.

Can someone recommend one? can those marking 1/4oz to 1/2 oz lure weight load 1/8 lure and cast further?

how about the st croix pc76lm casting rod? Does anyone use it to catch over 17 inches bass?

its specifications are

line: 4-10 lb

power: light

action:moderate

lure: 1/16- 3/8 oz

thank you.

Van

Check out the Shimano Compre.  To my way of thinking this is not a cheap rod, it retails for $90.  But it should be a good one, this is the one I'm thinking of purchasing for my light lure duties.

It's model CPC66MLB.  It's a 6'6" length, medium light power with a fast tip.  Rated for 8 - 12 pound line, and 1/8 - 5/8 lure weight.  This rod based on it's ratings would be able to load right for the 1/8 lures you want to use but also be heavy enough to allow you to fish "regular" lures too such as 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 oz. weighted lures.  Spinnerbaits, light crankbaits, buzzbaits, and other things.

Check out the Shimano Compre. To my way of thinking this is not a cheap rod, it retails for $90. But it should be a good one, this is the one I'm thinking of purchasing for my light lure duties.

It's model CPC66MLB. It's a 6'6" length, medium light power with a fast tip. Rated for 8 - 12 pound line, and 1/8 - 5/8 lure weight. This rod based on it's ratings would be able to load right for the 1/8 lures you want to use but also be heavy enough to allow you to fish "regular" lures too such as 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 oz. weighted lures. Spinnerbaits, light crankbaits, buzzbaits, and other things.

I have a Compre and St Croix Avid FWIW the Compre for the money 1/2 the price is a nice rod, I don't know what cheap means to you but check out the Kistler Magnesium MgTBWWMH610S it is sweet stick. Remember you kind of get what you pay for in rods JMHO