Sign in to follow this  
rusty self

Great deal I found at Dick's today

They have the Quantum Shaw Grisby Signature baitcast combo on sale for 79.99. This combo is usually 119.99. I bought one and have taken it out, I think I like it:)

They have the Quantum Shaw Grisby Signature baitcast combo on sale for 79.99. This combo is usually 119.99. I bought one and have taken it out, I think I like it:)

Not to burst your bubble but they are almost always 79.99 at my local dicks'.  I really liked the combo though. I had two before they fell to the bottom of a local lake  :).

I hope you like the combo as much as I did!

Yeah, that is one of the Dick's exclusive items that are almost always on sale, especially in the summer. Same thing with the orange capricorns. They say they are on sale from a certain retail price but they are pretty much always that sale price

If you want to buy anything at Dick's, always google "dick's coupon"  There's always a coupon.  If the link doesn't work, this is a coupon for $15 off of a $75 order.  That would have made your combo about $65 instead of $80.

http://www.bargainist.com/deals/2008/04/dicks-sporting-goods-15-off-75-or-more-coupon/

wow, well thanks for the tips and replies. we just got a dicks here in tupelo, ms. i have not been fishing in about 22 years (since i was 15), my friends and i used to go EVERY DAY form the time we were 8 or 9 until, well, girls and football. my wife and i recently took our boy scout pack camping and fishing, and it made me remember how much i loved it. so, ive got the fever again in a big way:). we have 4 children, 2 15 year old girls, a 9 year old girl, and a 6 year old son. so far, all of them are enjoying the family time fishing.

only thing is, i havent had a rod or reel since i sold my daiwa tournament pro caster  16 or 17 years ago... the quantum seems pretty nice, has anyone had any bad experiences with them?