Sign in to follow this  
leslie_goes_mental

Stren Sonic Braid

I am using some Sonic Braid on my drop shot rod.  I think it is 14 IB with a 6 IB diameter.  I am impressed by the way it handles on a spinning reel.  It cast well, is pretty smooth, blood knots and Uni knots hold up well.  I am a Big fan of Sufix though.  I would say that suffix casts significantly better and is more limber where the sonic braid is a bit stiffer but it is almost slippery when you touch it.  I would give Sufix the nod as the best braid, but I havent replaced the Sonic Braid yet and probably wont.  I have used pretty much every brand of braid out there and Sufix is #1 for me and I would put Sonic braid as #2.

I have a spool on the way with the Tour PT burner I just purchased from Cabelas. I love Stren Super Braid so I am hoping Sonic will be just as good if not better. Will see in a few days.

I have used pretty much every brand of braid out there and Sufix is #1 for me and I would put Sonic braid as #2.

Since I've been using Power Pro (15# on spinning) I'd be interested in what qualities these lines have (or Power Pro lacks) to account for your rankings.

My biggest frustration with PowerPro was the way it dug into itself. I really like Sufix because it's softer, but it absorbs a lot of water and your hand gets really wet fishing this line...but that's the only problem that I've faced, which really isn't a problem actually