Sign in to follow this  
The Rooster

One step closer now...

Last night I got the first of at least 2 Shimano Compre rods I planned to get. Got a 6'6" medium heavy with fast tip to start out with. The bummer is that I can't take it out and play with it until Christmas. My wife wanted to get it for me but she needed me to show her which one I wanted.

Also another bummer (not so bad though) was that we got to the register and it rang up for $99.99. I had thought they were $89.99 before and didn't go up to the $100 mark until you hit a 7' length. Oh well, I paid for it anyway and was just glad to have it. This is the most expensive and nicest rod I've ever purchased to date. Hope it performs like I want it to. I'll be using 14# fluorocarbon on it and my BPS Extreme baitcast reel to pair up with it, and it'll be primarily for jigs, T-rigs, and spinnerbaits.

No special reason to post this, I'm just excited about it is all.  

I had a quiver of Compres' before I went higher, and they performed very well.  Mine were the old brown blanked rods.  I'm sure the newly redesigned black Compres are stellar.  Congrats!

Hold on to your receipt and shop around.  I got mine for $54.00 at sportsmans warehouse. It is the "older" model but it is still the same rod.

I have the same MH fast action rod. It is awesome and the answer to a great all around rod. I've done just about everything without, including drop shotting.  :)

If you have an SW in your area, check it out.  Yeah, unfortunately, the price increased and I imagine for production costs.

I just figured the price went up because Shimano redone the rod or something, like they did for the Clarus and the Convergence.  Both of those rods went up by $10 also.  Never owned a Shimano rod before so I wouldn't know if this is a "new" rod or the same one they sold all year long.  I'm just happy I finally got one though, no matter what the cost was.