Sign in to follow this  
DEbassman17

Revo S problem

The level wind on my revo s is going to one side and filling line all the way on the right side. I don't know what to do i've cleaned and lubed and oiled the correct parts of the reel and it's still doing it( also i don't know if this helps but when it does go over to one side it's always the right side and it clicks as it's doing it. I can't send it back to the factory becuase i've had it for over a year and i don't think it's under warranty.

You need to clean and re-lube the worm gear. Pull the pawl and clean the blade then re-turn it with one drop of oil....

Good Luck... :)

Sounds like a pawl problem to me.

From...

http://www.amb01.com/01trouble.html

This applies to Revo, to.

Bunching of line to one side of the spool can be caused by a few things. First check that the left hand side plate hasn't come loose. If it has tighten it into place and try the reel again. If this doesn't solve the problem a new levelwind pawl is probably required. Move levelwind to one side of the frame. Remove the cap from underneath the line guide. Shake or prize out the old pawl and drop in a fresh one. The pawl will need to be lined up with the worm gear in order to drop fully into place. Refit cap