Sign in to follow this  
DEbassman17

you won't believe the deal i got this morning

This morning i went up to dick's sporting goods, oh i would say around 7 o'clock, i said to myself if they have an energy pt, i'm buyin' it! So i get there and "supposedly" the only energy left was the display model. He said that they couldn't legally sell the display which is pure bullcrap so i asked to see a citica d, so he went back there and came out with an energy pt box, he said it was the last one and it was behind all the other reels, so i had it priced checked, it was only 80$!!!! And then i got 20$ off of that, so i got a 190$ reel for just 60$ bucks. I have heard many bad things about this reel but today i was managing 40 yd casts into wind with a spinnerbait. That was impressive, has anyone else hear ever had an unbelievable deal such as this one??? If so, let's hear it!

Good deal but it would be better suited for a deep diving crankbait reel with that gear ratio.

Yeah that's true, truth is, there is no where to deep crank! the max depth everywhere is 4-5 ft mostly 2-3 ft though, so i will be using it to keep my slower moving worms and jigs in the strikezone longer.

Yeah I've tried that to with my curado 5:1 but I just couldn't get used to it.

99$ ain't bad, i just got tremendously lucky! what ratio did you get? I wish i got a 7:1:1 or atleast a 6:3:1, but i am plenty happy because i'm getting a brand new shimano curado cu201e7 for christmas!

today it startled squeeling and the handle started stickin'. Man i was ticked because it happened while i was fishing and that was the only rod i brung today(just for an hour or so), needless to say,... i took it back!

It sure was a dissapointment, and Bass-Brat, i have not gotten anything to replace it with yet, after hearing everyone's suggestions in my other thread, i think i will save a little more and get a revo sx(lefty high speed retrieve) thanks! I was gonna get a citica e but decided against it because i already have a curado e hiding somewhere in my dad's house till christmas ::) haha. So i'll just save a little more, and get a sx. ;D

Jason