Sign in to follow this  
DEbassman17

what's the difference?

What's the difference between the curado e and citica e, why is it 60$ more? I have already ordered a cu201e7 but can't have it till chistmas, i am probly gonna get a citica e soon, i would just like to know the main differences. I see the curado has a few more bearings, and i heard that it casts lighter things(weightless plastics like senkos) a little better than the citica. Are those the main differences or is there more. I know the curado is .2 oz lighter than the citica but i could give a rats furry black rear end about that much weight.

Go to Shimano's site and download their 2009 catalog. You will be able to enjoy going through your own side by side comparison at your leisure.

A couple things:

Lighter spool in the curado

difference in gear ratios between the two

Other than that, it appears you pretty much know the differences. :)

I know the curado is .2 oz lighter than the citica but i could give a rats furry black rear end about that much weight.

Since the designs are so similar, if that difference is spool weight,you'll be looking for that rat's rear end on a windy day with your weightless plastics. ;D

haha thanks guys i have casted the curado before(my friend has one) and loved it, i'm getting one for christmas so i think i'll use the curado for lighter baits and the citica for more heavy baits.