Sign in to follow this  

Hey guys.

i made a huge mistake just the other day while I was at Gander Mountain and I picked up a Diawa Zillion.  I could hardly put the thing down.  Its a little more than I had originally planned to spend when I take my annual Christmas trip to Bass Pro which is fast approaching.  If possible, give me some feedback on this reel and if you have heard of any sales that would be great too.  I personally am planning on the faster of the two gear ratios to complement an older Curado I have.  Having said that, Is there a particular rod (preferably all star or something similarly priced) that you would pair this with?

I appreciate anything you might have to say.

The zillion has to be one of the smoothest reels I have fished with. Chris hit the nail on the head.

I have heard that Dobyns rods pairs nice with the Zillion. You can probably find the old models on clearance for around 140.

I have heard that Dobyns rods pairs nice with the Zillion. You can probably find the old models on clearance for around 140.

Yeah, I got one of those too :)

Dobyns 704C w/ Zillion HLA

Daiwa Zillion 6'9" MH w/ Zillion SHLA

Both combos fish well, and are well balanced.  But the Zillion/Zillion combo is the more comfortable of the 2.  Go figure :)