Sign in to follow this  
T-rig

Daiwa D-Turbo Rod

I want to buy a rod for my 12 year old son. I found the Daiwa D-Turbo on ebay.    http://cgi.ebay.com/2-DAIWA-D-TURBO-66-MED-HEAVY-2pc-CASTING-ROD-RODS_W0QQitemZ390016324059QQihZ026QQcategoryZ36149QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This rod is made of fiberglass which means that it is probably heavy. Would this rod be ok for a young kid to throw deep cranks, lipless cranks and spinnerbaits. How's the action on this rod? Similiar to a Ugly Stick or harder? Thanks!

Never heard of them , must be a cheaper rod. For cranks it probably would be OK but I wouldn't bid too high for them especially for fiberglass.      JMHO

Sorry I know this wasn't much help.

I don't know anything about the rod BUT I have had several transactions with this vendor in the past and have not had any problems.

I bought a few rods from the seller as well. They ship them fast and they arrive in good shape. I bought two diawa "sweepfire" rods, and they hold up ok. They have alot of flex to them. The action is pretty slow yet a bit stiffer than an ugly stick. I am not sure about the D-Turbo. Good luck!