Sign in to follow this  
vicdotcom

Revo STX Micro-click cast control?

Hey all,

I was able to purchase a new Revo STX for 90$. So I was pretty happy. But it was missing the cast control knob and micro-click parts. The bearings were still there though so I went for the purchase.

I took the cast control knob and disc from my Revo S.

Question is: Is the micro click cast control system worth the extra 20$ to replace it?

Im leaning towards replacing it because that way I can let someone else use my revo S.

Anyone share some thoughts on it? I never tried the micro click system before. Is it only a bell and whistle?

Thanks in advance!

Vic

I would.  The knob has to be the expensive part, and that's necessary.  The other parts you need are the stamped copper clicker that fits in the knob and the plastic thing with teeth that fits on the end of the threads on the sideplate.  Those ought to cheap.

If you get the clicking parts, make sure you install the copper piece he right way in the knob or it won't work right.

Hey Micro!

Thanks for responding.  I just went out an purchased the cast control knob today.  The store had to order the rest of the parts though.  But you are right, the knob itself was 10$

Vic