Sign in to follow this  
tennwalkinghorse

Shimano Warranty Work

Hey guys have a question about warranty work. Sent back a new Stradic FI 2500 for warranty work bail issues.. I have never sent any thing back to Shimano for service so I have no idea if this is normal for them. I sent back this reel in November I have not heard any thing email ,letter so on from them so I called them yesterday to check on the status of my reel. The customer rep. told me that they received the reel on December 3, but it has not been serviced or looked at yet.  My question to any one who has ever had work done by Shimano is is this amount of time normal? I have had two other reels serviced one was a Daiwa and the other was a Pfueger and I had both back in two weeks. Would like to know if any one else out there has had the same experience with Shimano. I have heard that there service is second to none could not prove it by me. Merry Christmas To All and My God Bless Mike(aka Tenn Walking Horse)

I can only assume that like any service center, this is the busiest time of year for warranty work as well...  the fishing season has ended for many and it's time for service and warranty work.

I would be that they are just swamped.

have had reels sent back from shimano in as little as 2 weeks, summer...as much as 7 weeks, winter.

most reel techs are swamped this time of year.

Went there in person around 2 months ago to drop off 2 reels that I bought used to get serviced. At first they said 3 weeks and then they noticed it was a calais and Calcutta te which both are under the platium service plan which took maybe 2 days.

The reason is a lot of saltwater fisherman are getting their reels serviced because its the end of the season.

I got my reels back and they are as good as new. I only paid 1/2 of what they cost new at msrp but after getting it serviced, they are as good as new mech-wise. Cant get better then shimano customer service which is why most of my reels are shimanos.