Sign in to follow this  
Mobydick

Protecting your line from the sun...

Do any of you use something to lay over your rods while they are laying on the deck while fishing, to help protect it from the sun rays? I thought about it. I dont have a rod locker to put the rods I am not using as often in to, or I would do that. What ways do you protect your line from the sun?

Thanks a bunch,

Ian

that amount of time prob wont hurt ur line   BUT if u have any doubts spray it with KVD Line and Lure conditioner  the night before u go out  this stuff is totallly AWSOME for protecting,line managment and storage  

No, never gave it any thought.

Storage of your line is very important.  I store my line in my "man cave" at home, out of the sun, heat and cold.

The KVD Lure and Line Conditioner suggestion is a must.  Please start using this product and you will have fewer backlashes and twirls. If it is to expensive, to with Reel Magic.

I would not worry about the sun.  I would worry more about nicks and scrapes on the line which will weaken your line and also to check your knots and retie after catching two or three fish.

Merry Christmas  ;)

No, never gave it any thought.

Storage of your line is very important. I store my line in my "man cave" at home, out of the sun, heat and cold.

The KVD Lure and Line Conditioner suggestion is a must. Please start using this product and you will have fewer backlashes and twirls. If it is to expensive, to with Reel Magic.

I would not worry about the sun. I would worry more about nicks and scrapes on the line which will weaken your line and also to check your knots and retie after catching two or three fish.

Merry Christmas ;)

X2 I respool often so I don't worry about time on the deck. Unless you leave them out for days at a time it shouldn't matter.

Not much to be concerned about, if you dont use line conditioner, get some. I like reel magic, I haven't tried the KVD brand.

I just put KVD Line and Lure on my list of things I need to get with Christmas money. Thanks guys!

Ian