Sign in to follow this  
mike bat

avid 7ft6 med-hev mod fast ???

anyone using this stick ??? if so ,, any thoughts ... i will be getting one for pitching jigs 1/2-3/4 oz ... i picked one up and was really impressed with this stick ... i also looked at the ltb series 7ft6 med-hev mod fast ... it was ok but i prefer the one peice and full cork the avid offers ... anyone wanna chime in with any thoughts ... i will be running 40lb - 50lb braid or 15lb cxx on a zillion ... i did throw a zillion on this rod ,, it really ballances out the stick nice ... this may be just what im looking for ...

I have two of the Legends 7'6'' MH Moderate Fast action rods from St. Croix. They are marked "Pitching" tried several reels and the best match up was a Revo. They are very sensitive, are closer to a H then a MH IMO. However, I feel they are too tip heavy to use for an extended period of time. Was about to sell mine off when I tried them for some of the swimbaits and found they work great for all kinds of cranking!

If you want a great stick for pitching jigs look at the St. Croix Legends 7'3'' "Carolina Rig rod. Perfectly balanced, fast tip and just a great over all rod. I like them for throwing buzz frogs too.

hey thanks for the reply ... i have all ltb rods ... and i thought about the ltb pitching stick ,, but i wanted a 1 peice rod ... i also thought the ltb may be tip heavy with the split cork in the back and the extra length in the front ... i do have 3 ltb rods all 7fters ,, they dont seem tip heavy to me at 7ft ...  thats why i thought about the avid ,,, full cork ,, 1 peice ... i also mounted a zillion on it ,, seems to ballance out well ... now i havent fished this rod yet ,, but im almost 100% i will be this summer ...  ;D thanks again ,, and i may have to get that Carolina Rig rod too ,, just to be on the safe side ...