Sign in to follow this  
Bassboss

Johnny Morris Limited series baitcast reel problem ??

Yesterday I went to BPS and me and my dad got a Johnny Morris Limited series baitcast reel on sale for $100. We got home and put the line on.

My problem starts here with the "6-pin centifugal brake system." It wont come off!?!? We follow the direction to the word.

it says one should "push in on the lever plate located on the the palming side of the reel. Turn the leaver to the left and remove."

We turn can turn it to a certain point but then it will turn no further.  It's loose, but will not come off with a pair of pliers!

We are gonna take them back today and get our money back if we can't it off.

Dose anyone one have one of these that could walk me through how to get it off? If this a curl joke?!!?

its kind of tricky. you push in the bass pro emblem and turn the sideplate clockwise a little. then it should pull straight off. wiggle it a little back and forth as you are trying to pull the sideplate off.  yo might be turning it too far and catchign the prongs. it should be easy enough to where it basically falls off in your hands (or in the lake- dont ask!).   I have one of the JM reels. its a very nice reel.

its kind of tricky. you push in the bass pro emblem and turn the sideplate clockwise a little. then it should pull straight off. wiggle it a little back and forth as you are trying to pull the sideplate off. yo might be turning it too far and catchign the prongs. it should be easy enough to where it basically falls off in your hands (or in the lake- dont ask!). I have one of the JM reels. its a very nice reel.

is the emblem supposed to go in?

I still can't get it?

It's being taken back today, and replaced with a BPS extreme reel! Thanks any ways. ;)

It's being taken back today, and replaced with a BPS extreme reel! Thanks any ways. :)

Which also have a BPS emblem on the side that requires being pushed in and the side plate turned to remove.

Just keep returning reels and exchanging for different models till you find the one you can get the sideplate off of.  Good luck.   ;)