Sign in to follow this  
shootermcbob

Pacific bay hialoy fishing guides

I like the looks of the new cabelas prodigy fishing rods. I have not handled one yet. However, after looking at them their website, I see where they have the pacific bay hialoy line guides on them. anyone have any experience with these??? Are they as good as the fuji aluminum oxide guides used on most other rods??? thanks for any input.

I'm also wondering that. I was at a Cabelas store today & I don't think they will get the Prodigy rods or any 2009 items till February. I did a little research & the Cabelas Magtouch rods & the new Prodigy I think use the same blanks, cuz both are 54 million modulus.

Only thing I can find about the Pacific Bay Hialoy guides was on the Cabelas site under tackle making:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat20166-cat410035&id=0003586310827a&navCount=7&podId=0003586&parentId=cat410035&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=IK&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat410035&hasJS=true

I found a little bit more info about the Hialoy guides on mudhole.com:

http://www.mudhole.com/Shop-Our-Catalog/Hialoy

The guides are cheap in cost but from what I can think of it would be similar to Fuji Hardloy or Alconites.

I am thinking of getting a couple of the Prodigy rods. The spinning rod looks like it has a reel seat similar to the Shimano Cumara spinning rod, but in Cabelas own design.

PacBay® Hialoy guides are on the same level as the Fuji® Hardloy. That would make them one step up from the Fuji® Aluminum Oxides and one step down from Fuji® Alconite guides....

Tight Lines!!!!