Sign in to follow this  
Hop

Bionic Blade for spinnerbaits?

I notice Bionic Blades are on sale at BPS for $59.00.  What would be the best length and action for throwing spinnerbaits?

You could go with a M action fast tip also.

The Bionic Blade is a great multi-purpose rod, especially at that price.

That said, if I were looking for a BPS rod specifically for spinnerbaits, I'd go for the 7 foot, Medium/Fast Crankin' Stick...on sale for $39.99.

Or better yet, one of each.

:)

If you wait a little while, the BPS Extremes will go on sale for about the same price as the Bionic Blade you're looking at.

If you wait a little while, the BPS Extremes will go on sale for about the same price as the Bionic Blade you're looking at.

YEP, they put thenm on sale every year, about this time of year!

All true. That bionic blade seems to be on sale year round. But, I really like them for pretty much everything. Had one on a spinning rig and traded it for a casting rod....both were 6'6 MH and great for everything I wanted to do. I would go with the 7 if I had the choice.

I used to use a MH 6 and a half foot Bionic Blade for spinnerbaits. It's a good rod, especially when you get them on sale. The only down side it's a little on the heavy side. Stasher1 one had a really good suggestion. The med. power 6 and a half foot Woo Daves Extreme is designated as a  spinnerbait rod.

I have a 7'MH that is going into rotation as a spinnerbait rod this year...they are a little heavy but used to use mine as a T-Rig rod for larger worms and to fish with at night.  a great rod for the price and even though it's a little heavier, balanced right it can be fished with all day