Sign in to follow this  
bpraz

Daiwa Fuego or Shimano Curado E

Other than the price difference which one would be better at throwing lures 3/8 oz. an under ? Thanks for your info.

IMO the curado throws lighter stuff alot better than some of the other reels i've used, i personally have not thrown the fuego but i have my curado 201e7 on a 6' Medium Action Rod and i can throw weightless 3 inch senkos on it. The thing is that the curado has an extremely light spool, this enables it to cast lighter lures much better, i also think centrifigul brakes are more efficient at casting lighet baits, just my .02 cents.

-Jason

I own a couple of Fuegos, and have had some time casting the E7. Either will handle 3/8 oz and under. My Fuegos with cast 1/4 baits very easily, and quite far. So I think you would do well with either. The Fuego is magnesium, so it's not saltwater safe. However, I think it is much more nicely made - but it ought to be for $80 more.

Just left Cabelas and the Fuego is on in store clearance now for $159.99 and just checked the site and its not on the site not even in the Bargain Cave.

Nice reel

I'd say E7; I owned two Fuego's and wasn't impressed with their casting ability.  Granted, I prefer and am more accustomed to reels that hold 100-110yds of 12lb versus 150yds.  

I fish all Daiwa casting reels and I don't own a Fuego.  However, from what I have heard about them I would say the Curado would be the better choice.  Shimano make great reels and thats a fact.  I can't say a bad thing about the I just prefer Daiwa.