Sign in to follow this  
fishfordollars

BPS Pro Qualifer reel

No you didn't mess up getting that reel. For a reel at $100, it's great reel & it is offered in a couple gear ratios & new for 09, it is offered in left hand; which I am interested buying. I don't own a dual braking system like the PQ & I like the looks of the reel. Reel weight is right there w/ any of the name brand reels. The swept handle looks great on the reel too.

I'm going to wait till the BPS Spring Classic to get the left hand PQ b/c. I'm thinking of getting the 6.3:1 gear ratio, which would be more of an all around gear ratio. I already have an Extreme 7.1:1 from last year, so the 6.3:1 is what I want.  From all the BPS branded b/c reel, the PQ is the best one in my opinion.

I'm more curious to hear your reviews of this reel.

This is basically a Revo/Pflueger reel in disguise.  

I bought it to rip a trap around the tops of grass. Plan on trying it out during the tournament this weekend. I have a couple of Revos but neither is a 7.1.1 ratio. Intrested in seeing if their is much of a difference. I was hoping some others had allready tried them out but have no responses from any owners yet. Hopefully several that own them will post. If it turns out to be a piece of crap it's on the way back for a high speed Revo.

Will post my thoughts when I return after this weekend.

They are great....I have two and have been very happy with them.You can throw a weightless senko into the wind or rip traps through grass with no problem.I would highly recomend them.