Sign in to follow this  
JT Bagwell

Matt Lures!!!

Where I live we don't have to many retail outlets that

are stocking the shelves with Swimbaits. As a result, I

am not familiar with the different brands. I was looking

at www.mattlures.com and I was impressed.

Those are some sweet looking baits. They are even cheaper

than a lot of the high-end Japanese stuff on the market.

I just wanted to give some praise to Matt for his baits and

tell anyone that hasn't seen them to just take a look. I think

they are pretty cool looking.

JT Bagwell

I agree JT.   I haven't the budget to spend that much on a lure, but one day soon I will.  The blue gill bait looks amazing!  Looks very realistic, and well made.  I might just have to set up accounts for Matt's lures at some of the tackle shops in the area. ;)

I must agree, Matt's stuff is top notch! Not only do I throw his baits all the time, I've got a whole cardboard box of "back-ups" so I never run out when I've got a hot bite going!

I ordered my first one earlier this week.  Should be here any day now!!  Can't wait to try it!

Jason

Has anyone had much luck using these in the midwestern states or on small bodies of water (less than 5 acres)?

I second that. Here in the midwest we don't have an abundance of "huge" fish, but

I think it might be fun to use one of these bluegill baits.

JT Bagwell

Ps: Pond Hopper, where do you live in the QC?

I've caught a few 5+ fish out of very small (<3 acre) ponds on Matt's baits. They just plain rock!

I bought one of Matt's Baby Bass and love it! The action and realistic details put into the bait is amazing! I haven't caught any bass on it yet but am confident that I will.

JT I was looking at the baby bluegill too and also the baby bass.  I have had bigger bass attack dinks before as I was bringing them in I just dont know how effective it would be.  Any more testimonials?

I've been real interested in using swimbaits here in northern VA, particularly on the tidal Potomac. I've caught a few using a 3" shad imitation last year. I just checked out Matt's website and saw the yellow perch imitation. The thing looks like it should be wrapped in tin foil with butter and garlic. The Potomac is loaded with perch, and I'm sure they constitute a portion of the diet of LMB as well as stripers, and perhaps the big catfish as well. Definitely plan on getting a few to experiment with.

JT I was looking at the baby bluegill too and also the baby bass. I have had bigger bass attack dinks before as I was bringing them in I just dont know how effective it would be. Any more testimonials?

My first swimbait Bass

Another smaller Bass

5 lber

Keeper

6 lber

They catch keepers and bigger, my biggest being a 9 lber.

Dan