Sign in to follow this  
Willzx225

Quantum Tour KVD Cranking Rod

I was just curious as to if anybody has one of these yet?  If so, do you have any feedback on them?

I am hoping to order a few in the next couple of weeks and will post what I have found.  I got to play with one this weekend and it felt amazing!  The 7'4" was very light and had a very good taper to it.  Just right for those DT16's/ DD22/ Fat Free Shads.  I couldn't hardly put it down.  Kind of strange since I typically hold the same beliefs that many/most members hold concerning Quantum products.

I just saw them at the fishing expo I was at over the weekend. I didn't bring one home but checked it out. It was the lightest rod I checked out at the show. The 7'10" model ought to launch those DT's a country mile or two!

That rod got a good review in Bassmaster. I will wait to someone actually uses one on this forum before deciding on this cranking stick. Personally, I have my eye on the Powell 806CB rod.

Burley has one coming...

I can't wait to hear about it. Was wondering how it would work for lipless..

Allegeldly.  He may have very well used it all the time.  He could of also threw it a couple of times and said he used it all the time.  I'll wait until someone I know can provide first hand experience.

Was wondering how it would work for lipless..

It the same rod that KVD used to win in Florida, with red eye shad.

mmmm...but they also said it was brand new when he was using it on Kentucky Lake.

Plus I wouldn't throw a lipless crank around and through vegitation on the same rod I would throw a 15' diving crank like he did on Kentucky Lake to win.

and for his 2nd at Wheeler the week before.

At the show I found myself wanting to launch a DT16 so very badly when I had the 7'10" in my hand.  I can't wait until this summer to cast them.  Hopefully it will force me to learn how to deep crank better!   ;D

From what the vendor at the fishing expo told me, I held the model rod he threw (later in the year) the lipless cranks on. It was the 7'10" Med HVY action. That rod had a REAL soft tip on it!!!

I held the 7'10" as well and would classify it as a parabolic action.  It has a soft tip but it is firmer than a Fritts cranking rod without question.  I don't have a doubt in my mind that it won't load right with those bigger crankbaits.  I should be ordering a few in the next few days.  I will let you know when I get them.

My fishing partner has one and so far he has been very impressed with the rod. It looks good to.

I got the 7'10 MH in today, just unpacked it.  

Bought it sight unseen, so I didn't really know what I was getting.  IMO the handle needs to be about 3-4" longer.  With a rod that long I like to tuck the butt under my arm when reeling.  This Quantum rod is just a bit short for that.

Foam and reel seat are nice.  Rod has a nice flexible tip.  Hook hanger leaves a bit to be desired, but I've been spoiled by Kistler's excellent hanger.

I don't know if it is a $150 rod, but it ain't bad.  d**n shame it's going to be cold this weekend or I'd take it to the lake and sling a DD22.

IMO the handle needs to be about 3-4" longer.

I'd take it to the lake and sling a DD22.

I've been debating if I want to get the 7'10, still undecided.

How long is the handle?

Try it out in your backyard. Let us know.

I just saw them at the fishing expo I was at over the weekend. I didn't bring one home but checked it out. It was the lightest rod I checked out at the show. The 7'10" model ought to launch those DT's a country mile or two!

Was it offered at a discounted price at the expo?  I know sometimes you can get better deals at events like that.  I have a hunting and fishing show coming up near here in a week and was wondering if I should wait to order one.  I'd hate to give 150 for it and see it for 115 in a few days.

Was it offered at a discounted price at the expo? I know sometimes you can get better deals at events like that. I have a hunting and fishing show coming up near here in a week and was wondering if I should wait to order one. I'd hate to give 150 for it and see it for 115 in a few days.

That would have been REAL tempting if they had offered a discount at the expo! Unfortunately, the tags all said $150.  :)