Sign in to follow this  
ArcticCat500

G Blanks RX8+ purchase

I've read alot of good things about the G-Blanks rods and thought I'd pick one up to try,   I spoke with Larry and the rods in the works.

I went with an RX8+ 6'6" MXF and grabbed a new Daiwa Tierra 2500, going to throw weightless Senkos and other lighter baits.

Anybody useing the RX8+?

Nice! I believe mine is the RX7 so I can't give you any info on the RX8. Make sure to post some pics when you get it

thanks DD, from what I've read these are supose to be some real nice rods, I think yours was the black on black in which inspired me to have 1 built.   I was kinda hoping that someone in here was familiar with them.

your rod was built with a batson blank and im pretty sure thats there top of the line blank

i have 1 of there cheaper models and i must say i really like it so i know u will love urs

i bought a jaw breaker rod which is a 7 foot med rod and it was built on a rx8 blank and man does that rod feel sweet

the only pro is theres about 14 inches of ice between me and the water so i cant try it out yet

matthewj52001, thanx for the reply, I think thats what Larry said the RX8+ was thier top of the line blank, I fish with Loomis rods but I wanted a custom look and this was the only way to get it.

Although I did seek out several builders using a Loomis blank, and the price was over $300, that was the IMX blank, heck I can get GLX spinning rod for around $200 used if I wait it out, I just wanted to go for a certin look.   I bought the reel already on the flea and just waiting for the rod. I told Larry no hurry tho, Im in the same boat as you. ICE!

arcticcat, What did you end up paying for it?

that is a great deal. What type of grip, guides, wraps, etc.. did you get?

I went with a full black on black, eva foams, Im not sure what he's using for guides but when I spoke with him he said he only uses his best stuff on that blank, I'll keep you posted  :)

Nice, another member of the stealth rod club.

lol, I just wish there more guys using the G-Blanks rods that would speak up, Im really looking forward to this thing.  I think the blue on the Tierra will look good on it too.   Cant Wait. :)

lol, I just wish there more guys using the G-Blanks rods that would speak up
As a builder I don't know a great deal about G-blank rods and don't use them, but I can tell you that G-blank is using a US made blank in the (RX8+) that it is actually built buy St.Croix.

Maybe that could help ease your mind..

Good Luck & Tight Lines Soon!!!