Sign in to follow this  
Shad_Master

Squeel-R

Has anyone seen, heard about, used, etc. this lure?  A buddy asked me to find out what I could about it.  Their website is www.actionlurescompany.com.  Would appreciate any 411 you could give me.

I read about it in a bass magazine.  I rank it up there in the "gimic category" until I hear otherwise.  Right up there with the "kick tail."

You know what?

I'd still try one if I thought it would catch a fish.  Darn you baitmonkey! >:o

Thats a strange website.  It's descriptions and phrasing seem like they are from the far east........"but we have found the best way to catch the biggest fish..use slow retrieves or fast retrieves."  But apparently it's a father son team from Ohio and the lures are manufactured here.  Doesn't sound like USA add copy to me.

Guest avid

my first impulse was "gimmick" but the more  I looked at it the more it made sense.

The water passes into the lure activating a turbine, that expels the water with force.  This no doubt adds vibration and  turbulence. If made with good QC could be a winner.

Guest avid

The website should have a video, similar to the chatterbait.  then you could actually see how it moves.

i saw it featured in Bass Master a while ago. It wasn't an ad either, it was a little section about new lures. Apparently it has a little fan type thing inside of it and a hole in the front so water goes through and spins the fan, churning the water and creating a buzzbait-like disturbance with the look and depth of a crankbait. I might try one.

Guest avid
I might try one.

Excellent!  We should all be trying out new stuff and reporting to  the forum.  I'm glad you vounteered for this one.

Just to show that I put my money where my mouth is, I was one of the first of the forum members to buy and post on  the chatterbait.

That being said, I think Dan (LIghtning rod) is the most generous in this regard.

Fish Chris is pretty good at being the first to use a new bait, but not many of us are in the market for $200.00 14" bait.   ;D