Sign in to follow this  
bubbler

Mojo Bass or Daiwa pro series

hey guys i was wndering if u perfer one or the other....im going to be using it for shaky heads and other finess abits like a tube or dropshot. thanks for the help guys  :D

I love Daiwa, but the Mojo is seemingly unchallenged at $90. It is the most rod available at that price point. A close second is the Compre. I go to Cabelas once a week and always play with a lot of the new rods, and the Mojo's represent a much higher fit and finish than any rod that is made in China in that price range. I can't give St. Croix enough credit; it is the first rod under $100 that is actually attractive and something that you would be excited to own and show off. It is the Premier blank, but the Mojo is lighter and has a totally different feel. I'm more impressed with them every time I handle them. St. Croix is steppin' up....

The store is about 1 1/2 hrs from me, and I was able to have a  lengthy discussion the other day with one of the sales clerks, and he told me that they are working 6 days a week to keep up with demand for the Mojo rods.  One of the reasons for the onslaught, is that it is still made in Wisconsin until their Mexico plant opens later this year or earlt next year.  Very popular rod right now.

For not alot more than the mojo I would look to Rogue Rods.....My 6'6" model is lighter and more sensitive, and just as fast if not faster than my Loomis SHR. Granted the shakey rod is longer so that adds weight.....

I like the SHR, but after spending more time looking around at other rods, there are others available that are just as good and a MUCH better value.